Lennox Montage Pellet Stove Review – This stove is sort of a cross between the old Whitfield technology and the Country stoves technology. Lennox Hearth Products (LHP) purchased both of these companies and this stove is sort of a hybrid that came out of the merging of those two brands. I think it is a good value for what it is. Not the nicest pellet stove on the market but not the most expensive either. These are manufactured in Auburn, Washington State.
Lennox Montage Stats –
- Heating Capacity 800 – 1900 Sq. Ft.
- 55 lb. Hopper
- 3″ Flue Exhaust
- 82% Efficiency
- Weight: 285 lbs
- More Specs Here
Lennox Montage “The Bad” –
- It is noisy. This is one of the items at the very top of my list if I would be shopping for a pellet stove. This thing is going to be sitting in my living room running almost 24 hours a day during the winter time to keep my house warm. The last thing I want is something I have to yell over the top of to have a conversation. I would not say this is the loudest pellet stove I have ever heard run, but it is too loud for me to put into my home. Make sure any pellet stove that you buy, that you hear it running BEFORE you purchase. And remember that it will sound a lot louder in your home then it will in a dealers larger showroom.
- Fit and finish is not perfect. Play with the side doors and the hopper lid and you will see what I mean.
Lennox Montage “The Good” –
After I was kind of negative on the noise issue, there are a lot of good features that actually make this a very attractive stove for the price it is.
- Extremely easy access to both sides of the stove, as well as mostly all plug and play components. So it is very easy to service and clean. Both a big plus in my book.
- It has a double door latch. This is a pretty unique feature that helps the door gasket last a long time and make it really easy to close the door.
- Also the mirrored glass is a really neat and unique feature. When there is not a fire inside the front window turns into a mirror so that you don’t see the dirty inside. Once there is fire/light behind the glass it looks like it turns clear so that you can see the fire.
- The burn pot liner they use actually works really well to get complete combustion of the pellets and not have to take the liner out and chisel out the “clinkers”. So this actually cuts down on the maintenance you have to do by quite a bit
- Ash pan is HUGE so you will not have to go dump that but once or twice a year most likely.
- You can feel comfortable buying a Lennox product, in my opinion they have hands down the best warranty and service in the industry.
Lennox Montage Retail Pricing –
- Stove with Gothic Trim Kit $2542
Here is a link to the manufacturer’s website.
If you own or have owned a Lennox Montage Pellet Stove then I would love to hear any comments or suggestions you have for our other readers!! Even if it is an older model, let us know what you thought of it.
The Stove Guy